At OMNI SCULPT MD, we’re all about revitalizing, rejuvenating, and reinvigorating your skin. We understand many people don’t know the best way to approach a skin regimen. The first step is knowing your type of skin. The next step is knowing how to best treat your type of skin. We’ll give you a daily skincare regimen for every skin type. With our expertise in the field, your skin will look and feel healthy. OMNI SCULPT MD carries the best medical grade skin care products from SkinBetter Science® and SkinMedica to cover all of your skin care needs for all skin types.
Combination, or balanced, skin is often oily in some places then dry in other places. Balanced skin simply means your skin isn’t oily or dry, but it is somewhere in the middle. You don’t need different skincare routines for combination skin.
- Cleanser – Since your skin is balanced, it’s important to choose a cleanser that isn’t harsh. It doesn’t need to include acne-fighting ingredients that might lead to irritation. Your cleanser should clear away dirt and impurities without leaving skin tight after using it. If your skin gets too dry, try switching to a cleansing lotion for a boost of moisturizer.
- Toner – The best toner for combination skin is one that is rich in hydrating compounds and antioxidants. This combination helps benefit the dry areas of your face. Toners help remove residual oil while working to balance the dry and oily spots.
- Serum – The best serums for balanced skin are those that target different skin issues. A daily use serum that helps fight aging and reduce hyperpigmentation with gentle exfoliation is perfect. Antioxidant serums with vitamin C and algae extracts are great for naturally revitalizing skin. Serums with AHA and BHA to help minimize the appearance of pores.
- Lightweight Moisturizer – The trick to moisturizing balanced skin is to hydrate without feeling greasy. You should always use a moisturizer with SPF, applying applications to the face and the neck. A light moisturizer will protect your skin from skin without clogging your pores.
Dry skin often flakes and peels, so it needs products that help it stay hydrated. The moisture barrier of dry skin is usually damaged, leading to invisible cracks that allow moisture to escape.
- Cleanser – You should use a no-lather, no-foam, mild cleansing lotion for your dry skin. It’s best to choose a cleanser that wipes away dirt without disrupting your natural protective barrier of skin or stripping away natural moisture.
- Toner – Traditionally toners often dried out the skin due to astringents and alcohol in them. New toners prep the skin and rebalance your skin’s pH levels. The best type of toner for dry skin is one that is alcohol-free with hydrating ingredients like aloe, hyaluronic acid, and glycerin.
- Serum – It’s best to use an antioxidant serum that helps prevent collagen breakdown. Serums with hyaluronic acid reduce dullness and dryness. Serums are important for dry skin to help trap moisture, helping the skin stay hydrated.
- Hydrating Moisturizer – A hydrating moisture with SPF is essential for dry skin. Ingredients with moisturizers like primrose oil, sweet almond oil, and rose hip seed oil help boost hydration. They also mimic natural lipids in your skin to help repair the skin’s moisture barrier.
Oily skin has a high sebum content and larger oil glands, leading to excel oil production. It’s important to use skincare products that help skin cells stay lightly hydrated without drying out your skin.
- Cleanser – Oil breeds bacteria in oily skin, leading to breakouts. It’s best to wash your skin three times a day with a cleansing agent. You should use a foam or gel cleanser that is free of sulfates.
- Toner – The trick to a toner for oily skin is not taking away all of your moisture with a toner. It’s best to choose an alcohol-free toner sodium PCA, witch hazel, and geranium. These ingredients helps tone your face without dehydrating your natural barrier.
- Retinol Serum – A serum with retinol is important because it helps pores look smaller over time. Retinol helps reduce keratin and cells that clump together and clog pores. It will also help treat acne, brighten skin, and increase collagen production. Using a moisturizer with AHA and BHA helps reduce the appearance of large pores
- Oil-Free Moisturizer – It might surprise you that your skins get even oilier when it isn’t hydrated. This means it’s important to choose a light, oil-free moisturizer to get needed nutrients without feeling greasy. Your moisturizer should include glycerin and sodium PCA for optimal effects.
- Zinc Oxide Sunscreen – Many people with oily skin try to run from sunscreen because it’s often challenging to find one that fits their skin type. It’s important to choose a zinc oxide sunscreen because it will protect your skin with a matte finish and is naturally antibacterial.
The main thing to focus on when treating sensitive skin is to ensure your products won’t irritate the skin. Sensitive skin is delicate and easily irritated, so it must be treated in a gentle way.
- Cleanser – The best types of cleansing lotions for sensitive skin don’t contain any sulfates or harsh products. You’ll be able to rid of dirt and make-up without destroying your skin’s natural barrier.
- Alcohol-Free Toner – Your toner should include calming, anti-inflammatory ingredients like green tea, white tea extract, or chamomile. Stay away from toners with alcohol that might irritate or dry out your face.
- Serum – Sensitive skin should use serum that provides your skin with a deep dose of calming ingredients. Serums with hydrating ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, squalene, and ceramides help soothe the skin. Serums are great for sensitive skin because they don’t contain air-tight ingredients like moisturizes, so they’re able to penetrate deeper into the epidermis.
- Moisturizer – Choose a moisturizer that doesn’t contain any synthetic fragrances. Alcohol and synthetic dyes often cause skin to irritate. Don’t cake on your moisturizer or your skin will feel overloaded with too much hydration.
Contact Dr. Louis DeGironemo Today!
We can help you find the best skincare products for your skin type. Our experts at OMNI SCULPT MD will work with you to find the best combination of products that perfectly balance your skin, giving you a glowing look and a fresh feel. OMNI SCULPT MD is the number luxury aesthetics and anti-aging medical spa in Dallas, TX. We offer Exclusive Concierge, luxury, and anti-aging medicine at your fingertips. We strive ourselves on providing a high level of service for optimal skincare results. Contact Dr. DeGironemo today for an appointment!